Thursday, September 16, 2010

What a day...

    The past 24 hours have been interesting to say the least.  After several unexpected reactions from various people in my life, I found out the Seminary that I applied to earlier this week was founded by Jerry Falwell.  He was an ultra conservative preacher and televangelist who seemed to preach more hate than love.  If we use Jesus as our guide and compass, and we look at what He did on this earth, it wasn't condemn us and point fingers.  He taught us how to love, and showed us the greatest act of love the world has ever seen, laying down His perfect life for us when we by no means deserved it.  In fact, as I wrote in a previous post, the two most important things we're called to do are 1-love God and 2- love people.  It is not our job to condemn and point fingers.  Sure, we can encourage people to change, and point them to Jesus for change, but it is not our job to judge.  That's enough about that... just wanted to get that off my chest.

    I firmly believe that God talks to us through others.  Earlier today it was hard for me to tell how much of my anxiety with the situation was due to nerves about beginning a new program, and how much of it was due to Liberty's founder.  I think God puts people in our lives for a reason, in fact He does everything for a reason.  Chances are if you consistently get good advice from someone, they will continue to do give it, and you should listen.  It is good to be open, you never know what or who God will speak through!

   This whole thing was a little hard for me to accept.  I felt really excited about going to Seminary at Liberty, and was pleased that all the pieces of my life were coming together.  I realized today that whether I go there, or another college, God will get me where He wants me.  Sure, the path might change, but either way God is preparing me for what He has in store for me ahead.

   After talking to my family and my pastor, I am once again considering the Georgia Southern University Counseling program.  I still want to go into Christian counseling, and I do believe that I will get there one way or another.  I can use all the experiences I have been through to better relate to people, and to reach more of them.  The knowledge and love of God is there already, and will continue to grow as I go through this life.  Having the technical side of counseling would be very beneficial too because it would take what I know about God and faith, and make it more effective in reaching people.

   I ask for your prayers for me about this.  I know this is a big decision, and I just pray God's will is done, and trust He will get me to the right place.  I know that in this as well as all things, I need to first seek Him, and He will take care of the rest.

  Thanks and God bless!

1 comment:

  1. We'll figure it out. Or rather, God will show us the way! Love you!

    ReplyDelete